Am i psychotic?
Hi, don't really know where to begin. I'm 26 year old female, suffer from anxiety and feel down from time to time. Recently my partner and I have been going through a very stressful time :( He lost his job and we are going through bankrupcty. This set my anxiety off big style! But recently I haven't been feeling right. I've been have really strange thoughs and visions. Also seeing shapes and colours. I do wear glasses so not sure if my eyes are bad?  My partner says I've got anger issues and tend to lose it easily. I do feel myself get annoyed quickly but find it difficult to keep a lid on it. I've been having lots of nightmares which are really freaking me out. Is this all normal? Was going to go to the g.p but don't want to waste their time
it might be a good idea to see someone so you can get a greater perspective about what is actually going on and no it's not a waste of time remember when it comes to good health you are your own expert ok :)
   A stressful event in life can trigger off anything else from anxiety to mood changes which sounds like some of what you are describing though only a psychiatrist could provide a diagnosis. During anxiety episodes a person can experience temporary changes in perception of reality. It depends how much it takes over a person's thought process in general as to whether it is anxiety or psychosis but only a psychiatrist would understand the specific details. Best to describe all this to a psychiatrist. If you have a doctor then see them first and let them refer you to a psychiatrist for further follow up as needed.
Thanks for the responces guys. I'm quite nervous to go to the doctors, I don't even know how to start telling them :/  I went initally when my partner lost his job and when the debt was getting out of control. The doctor gave me propanolol and antidepressants back then. But I never really stuck with them, I thought I could gert better on my own. But that was about7 months ago and now I'm still feeling not right. Sometimes I think I'm just losing my mind and have the most random thoughts. Can stress last this long? I try not to think of our finanicial situation mostly but when I'm forced to talk to our debtors I freak out so it must still be there underneath.
keeping a regiment of medications is paramount to feeling better i am sorry to hear about your finances. when you go to speak to doctors always start at the beginning :)