Schizophrenia Community
Clueless
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Clueless

My dad was in a car accident in March. A blood vessel ruptured in his brain causing him to blackout while he was driving. He was in the hospital for two months. His mental state is different now due to the trauma to his brain. He now says that he is seeing things and hearing voices telling him to do bad things. It is hard for my mom to get him help because he refuses to see a doctor for this. Since he has been home he has told me several times that he thinks my mom is out to get him. So my question is can the trauma to his brain be a reason for him seeing things and hearing bad voices.  
Related Discussions
585414_tn?1288944902
Yes a traumatic brain injury can have all kinds of effects. You don't know what else has happenned and it could be dangerous. He needs to see a neurologist right away. Google "Brain Injury Association". If a traumatic brain injury is diagnosed the treatment is very different from a psychiatric disability such as schizophrenia and a neurologist needs to treat it and also firstly run a wide variety of tests to see what is going on. You might want to post the question in the neurology forum as well.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Schizophrenia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank