Criticism
Does anyone else here with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder not handle criticism very well toward something such as art you make (even though it's only one person) despite practically everyone else (25 people or more for example, including people who don't know you) giving you positive to very positive feedback?  Did you find this got better with proper treatment or did it remain the same?  I've read from a few sources schizophrenia causes a hypersensitivity to insults and criticism and the like and was wondering if I could get better in this aspect.
  Yes I did notice that issue as I began to start treatment because before then I could not accept any feedback at all. As treatment improved I was able to understand the difference between constructive criticism or concerns expressed and a person who was putting me down or insulting me. However some of that is a mood stabilization issue as well as the family member I have who has bipolar and is just about to start treatment again has that concern as well and is working to address it. I can't say I don't have that issue during mood swings so what I find to be the best approach is to sit back and think things over when a person expresses concerns about me rather than to immediately react to it.
i know someone like that :)
But that's what I've been doing is sitting back and thinking it through.  I don't immediately react to it, I just ruminate over it for like a week or longer.  I was wanting to be able to just take it in and then let it go instead of ruminating over it.