Degrees of Schizophrenia
Are there different degrees of schizophrenia? If so what are they? What would a mild case be?
Thank-you for your time in answering my question.
I don't know about degrees but there's various subtypes like paranoid, disorganized and catatonic.  Intelligence and Paranoid Schizophrenia usually go hand in hand while the disorganized type will come across as very disorganized by doing things like wearing several layers of clothes in the summer or fluidly speaking a paragaph where no two sentences have anything to do with each other while the catatonic type will sit rigidly for long periods of time or have agitated movements.  Last I read they were unsure if Schizoaffective Disorder was a subtype as well or a disorder all of it's own which is like having Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder at the same time.
I also forgot to mention the residual type where positive symptoms occur much less frequently than the others and the undifferentiated type which doesn't fit into any of the other categories.  All of them have positive (psychosis) and negative (characteristics missing such as volition and the ability to experience pleasure) symptoms which you should just look up because it'd take a lot of space up to write them all out.
i have schizophrenia
lol so do I.
Yes there are degrees of severity of psychosis. I've detailed my recovery in other posts but one reason it occured is because as my psychopharmocologist stated I always had a good self awareness. That is often not true of all people with schizophrenia so as regards any treatments, whether they are ones that exist now or in study people's recovery rates will differ. One thing that is true is that for reasons unknown, the recovery rate for schizoaffective disorder is more favorable than for that of people with schizophrenia although both are treatable. Right now people's recovery rates can't be predicted although that may very well change in the future as research advances.
Yeah that's all true about the recovery process.  I remember reading the time of onset and the time between receiving treatment and the onset determine whether the prognosis is more favorable.  And like ILADVOCATE said it really depends on the person.  I think a lack of a family history also is more favorable but I can't remember for sure if that's true.  There's some other things but I can't remember them at this time.