Do I possibly have Schizophrenia?
Ok, I'm concerned about my mental health. I looked up the symptoms because my big brother has it, and I wanted to know what he was going through. I read that I may have quite a few. I read that if a 1st relation has it, I may have it (my brother), I constantly feel watched (and always on my edge), I find it hard to consentrate, I always have distracting thought running through my head, I sometimes think people dislike me, for usually no reason, I just have a feeling. I read it can start in the teens, I'm 14. I'm really worried. I read it shortened your life by 15 to 20 years. I just really need to get it out there, I need an answer. I don't think  I'm dangerous, mainly because I have no muscles, but I always have to tell myself not to lash out or scream or cry or tell someone where they can go. I'm sorry if my grammer is hard to understand, I tend to talk using my own kind of grammer sometimes. Sometimes I feel really angry, or sad, or frustrated, or sick. I dunno. My grades are just about holding, but I can't take in any information when I study. I always daydream, sometimes not nice thoughts to me. Am I just weird or is my clock ticking funny? Please help, thanks!
I also find I have arguements or conversations in my head. Sometime the voice that I have the arguements with (I can't define what it sounds like) keeps me awake at night on purpose, or puts me down when I eat something or look in the mirror or try something on or food shop. It's really annoying.
Hello there!
I would suggest having a heart to heart conversation with your doctor or some other care prefessional he or she might suggest that you see. I have a daughter that has schizoid-affective disorder. She is currently taking zyprexa to control her symptoms. There are times (I believe) that she still hears or sees things that aren't actually there ... but she refuses to talk about it. It's so-o important to be willing to discuss what is going on - whether or not you are having delusions. Heaven knows there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Personally I think you are still a bit young, but that's why it's so important to get a (medical) second opinion! I wish you all my best ... take care!
Although everything you wrote can happen with schizophrenia, a lot of it isn't diagnostic criteria for schizophrenia.  I would speak to my doctor though.  I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia and I can relate to everything you wrote.
i agree with szfa there is a big possibility of psychosis invovled here with your symptoms you described i hear three voices: two women's voices talking to each other and a third voice (man's) that directs his voice to me in a obscene and rude manner all the time it can be rough to concentrate i learned through relaxation therapy how to meditate it's cool :)