Schizophrenia Community
Does anyone know what could be wrong with me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Hello i am a 19 year old male and for the past 6 months i have been having really bad headaches. I have also been having weird thoughts and been really nervous. the weird thoughts and nervouness lasts all day. i have thoughts that are like what if i go crazy, what if i'm the only real person on earth, what if when i turn away from something is it still happening behind me. i can no longer picture people living their lives when they are not around me. i feel like i'm going crazy. i believe in God and i pray alot. i don't know what to do. please can anyone help me? i see black dots and black lines sometimes. Please help, this has been going on too long. i have had a brain scan and everything looked ok. i am going to see a nerologist in january. Please tell me.
   Yes this is really hard to say and you might want to post in the neurology forum for an informed answer from the staff neurologist. If any abnormal changes in the thought process started with headaches then it might be neurological but they would have to do further testing to tell. They will probably ask you the same questions but it would be good to be prepared in advance such as when did the headaches and abnormal changes in vision begin? And do they come and go during the day? And do they occur before or after the anxiety attacks? As well anxiety disorder can have a variety of physical manifestations but a neurologist would rule out a variety of concerns and then if they believed at that point that it was psychiatric they would refer you to a psychiatrist who could then make a further determination. Regardless it would be best to see if this comes and goes during the day and think when it started and if any event either physical or mental occurred just before.
i would see a doctor soon :)