Schizophrenia Community
Good job suggestions?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Good job suggestions?

Do any of you have recomendations for a good job or line of work for someone with schizophrenia? My boyfriend has found he can't work more than part-time but he is too broke when not working.  He has had an off/on job as a cab driver but he works the overnight shift which gets him off his med schedule and he doesn't get enough sleep.  Today he got re-hired by the cab co and I'm concerned, but I don't have any alternatives to suggest at the moment.  Thanks.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Maybe he should adjust the time he is supposed to take meds to a time to accommodate being on the night shift, such as I was supposed to take my medicine before I go to sleep but I work night shift and so I take it at 3AM, but this is also partly due to instead of it sedating me, it disturbs my sleep.  Another good job for him would be a low stress and/or easy job.  I can only handle part time work myself and I have the same disease as him and it has to be low stress or else I start getting psychotic again.
Blank
675718_tn?1321008971
i do not work :)
Blank
585414_tn?1288944902
He should look for agencies (every state has one) that help people with disabilities find jobs. I did have a friend who worked the overnight shift (different line of work) and because of that it caused a lot of stress for him and he did not do well mentally. With any job he takes he should declare any reasonable accomodations he requires.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Schizophrenia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...