Aa
A
A
Close
561706 tn?1333950874
Good job suggestions?
Do any of you have recomendations for a good job or line of work for someone with schizophrenia? My boyfriend has found he can't work more than part-time but he is too broke when not working.  He has had an off/on job as a cab driver but he works the overnight shift which gets him off his med schedule and he doesn't get enough sleep.  Today he got re-hired by the cab co and I'm concerned, but I don't have any alternatives to suggest at the moment.  Thanks.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Maybe he should adjust the time he is supposed to take meds to a time to accommodate being on the night shift, such as I was supposed to take my medicine before I go to sleep but I work night shift and so I take it at 3AM, but this is also partly due to instead of it sedating me, it disturbs my sleep.  Another good job for him would be a low stress and/or easy job.  I can only handle part time work myself and I have the same disease as him and it has to be low stress or else I start getting psychotic again.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
675718 tn?1449992146
i do not work :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
585414 tn?1288944902
He should look for agencies (every state has one) that help people with disabilities find jobs. I did have a friend who worked the overnight shift (different line of work) and because of that it caused a lot of stress for him and he did not do well mentally. With any job he takes he should declare any reasonable accomodations he requires.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Schizophrenia Community Resources