Grief causing schizophrenia
Can grief cause schizophrenia-like symptoms? I have, for the past six years, been unable to grieve the loss of a good friend.  I feel all of the Seven Stages of Grief at alternating times. But I cannot feel anger as I refuse. I do not feel I deserve to. I am on Abilify and Efexor. Can my psychosis be from an inability to grieve fully? I don't remember having voices before hand.
I would say that what you are more experiencing as you describe are the negative symptoms of schizophrenia as they are clinically referred to, that is an inability to experience feelings or percieve other people's feelings as people without schizophrenia can. I have been through that myself in that past before recovering from schizoaffective disorder. Schizophrenia is not just psychosis. There are also negative symptoms as I referred to and cognitive symptoms (trouble processing ideas and understanding them). But in a very real world sense you have a right to all your feelings. You can't block feelings of anger and you can't say you don't "deserve" certain feelings. You can work though feelings you feel are negative or unwarranted but blocking them isn't healthy. And its not "the seven stages of grief". That's just guidelines or suggestions. That is not a clinical term. You have the right to any and all thoughts and emotions at all times. What you do with them is another matter but working through them is the best thing to do and that's what a talk therapist is for as talk therapy in addition to medication is how psychiatrists feel people generally best recover.