Schizophrenia Community
How bad is this?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How bad is this?

Hi.  I have been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, and (my psychiatrst told me) mild cases of schitzophrenia and bipolar disorder.  My medications include large daily doses of klonopin, vistiril, seroquel, zoloft, ambien, and tramadol.  I feel fine on these doses of these meds, like normal. :-)  I am back to a fully functional lifestyle, at the sacrifice of my sex drive.  My question is this: will I need these meds for life?  Will I ever be able to reduce or eliminate them?  Or will i develop tolerance and need more?  I am totally new to the word schitzophrenia, and knowing that I have even a mild case (whatever that means) scares me, same story with the bipolar.  I would appreciate the comments of anyone who can shed some light on this for me!  Thank you - Blu
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
675718_tn?1321008971
schizophrenia means mind split like split town LOL i have SZ i hear voices all the time i take nine pills and yes it is lifelong for meds i take geodon which is for bipolar disorder the question should be directed to your doctor :)
Blank
3236191_tn?1355144215
Yes you will probably need meds for the rest of your life and chances are they will need to be increased/changed from time to time.
Blank
5509687_tn?1369721731
Depending on your circumstances, schizophrenia can also be a nutrition deficiency. You might need more sun, more b6/b12. They say taking fish oil is very good for brain functioning. Sugar is bad for you on so many levels, so it's good to keep it within reason. I was also diagnosed with schizophrenia, after a very stressful period in my life. It is considered a lifelong condition but with medication that works for you, you can easily lead a normal life. There are people who believe in alternative treatments, like herbal supplements and vitamins. I have never heard voices, but I have gone into shock and major depression where I forget to eat, etc. usually a good friend can snap me out of it... or proximity to a grocery store. ha, ha!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Schizophrenia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...