Aa
A
A
Close
How can I be nicer towards my friend!?
So I'm pretty close to losing my best friend. I'm always "mean" to her... Okay yes I am probably very mean to her. But it just doesn't seem mean to me because I'm pretty sure I have schizophrenia, or at least a form of it. But I always think SHE'S the one being mean, and I guess I just get into a bad attitude sometimes. It really *****, because when I do something mean ex. Call her or one of her other friends a name she yells at me that I don't ever say sorry. I want to say sorry so badly but when she tells at me a little voice in my head is like "you can't say sorry now, she's being just as mean to you". Yet I constantly rehearse apologies in my head to her. I just can't tell her how I feel. We are very close but I can't tell her i'm mentally ill. I once tried to tell her in a joking matter and she got very mad at me. She said that I should have told her earlier and that she couldn't trust me anymore, so I told her I was just kidding. I honestly don't know what to do anymore, this makes me so sad...
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
675718 tn?1449992146
do you hear voices? have hallucinations or delusions? that is schizophrenia a form of permanent psychosis ok :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Yes, what I described in my question is not the only symptoms I have of schizophrenia, it's just the symptom I need the most help with right now
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
675718 tn?1449992146
i have difficulty concentrating cuz of the voices i hear all the time like two women having a conversation and a third voice that makes insults to me the pills i take help me manage :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
3236191 tn?1451025079
You might not have schizophrenia, have you spoken to a doctor about it?  If your friend is acting this way over you telling them you have mental illness, sounds like they have mental problems of their own.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Schizophrenia Community Resources