Schizophrenia Community
How long will it take for abilify to wear off?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

I have stopped taking my 20mg Abilify (I have been on abilify for a bout 3 weeks or so, I started 20mg a couple days ago) How long will it take for the abilify  to leave my system?
It depends on the half-life of the drug.  In Abilify's case, it had a half-life of 75 hours.  It is generally accepted it takes 7 half-lifes for a drug to entirely leave your system.
are you planning to stay off meds you should taper off meds under the supervision of a doctor; i say it might take three days to leave the system that's what i think :)