I think my niece has paranoid schizophrenia
I don't know what to do with myself. I've never dealt with anything like this before. I did take a psychology class that discussed it and I've been looking it up all day, but other than that...and now my niece, who just turned eighteen about six months back is now experiencing symptoms of schizophrenia. She told me how she stopped going outside and hanging with friends (she used to hang outside a lot). I feel like this links in with it. She also left her hometown to come live in another state with my dad and I.

We thought she was a bit strange, but I figured it was her eccentric personality or something. But now I realize she's hearing voices and she's telling them to "stop!" and "no!" she hasn't been able to sleep for two days and she' came in my room today going on about guns and someone getting her with a bullet or something. I don't know what they are telling her, but she's been praying and crying. I'm sick with worry out of my mind, and I'm the only one around right now...I don't know what to do...
  Yes some of what you are describing does sound like schizophrenia such as having delusions and auditory hallucinations. I have schizoaffective disorder (schizophrenia with a mood disorder) and before I started medication had these concerns. In schizophrenia they are known as positive symptoms not as in good but as in things that are there that shouldn't be.  Avoiding people and loss of social functioning can occur as well and those are known as negative symptoms. There are also cognitive smptoms where a person has difficulty procesing information.
   However only a psychiatrist would understand this in full and be able to provide a diagnosis. It would be essential for her to see a psychiatrist so try to encourage her to seek help in a supportive manner as it will help with her recovery.  If things worsen see if you can go to a walk in clinic with her so she can obtain the help she needs.
i always had to tell the voices to shut h&^% up LOL it totally distracts me and i seem spaced-out :)
Yes she needs to see a  doctor but it is important to do  encourage her softly but also swiftly as well. This can be hard but if you don't get help for her, it is unlikely she will seek help for herself and things can only get worse if left untreated. Whatever is wrong i wish you luck.