Schizophrenia Community
In Need of Help
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

In Need of Help

Hello. I'm 14 years old and I'm really stressed about some symptoms that've been bothering me. For about 2 years, I've been having auditory hallucinations. It started interfering with my schoolwork and I grew quite depressed. Lately, I barely want to leave my house, let alone go out with friends. I've become nervous about nearly everything. It's become harder and harder for me to think clearly and even reading, which used to be one of my favourite things to do, has become difficult. I now have to ask people if they said something to me in dead silence because the voices sound so clear. My mom suggested I see a psychologist. Until I get a proper diagnosis, I won't know anything for sure, I suppose, but does anyone know what this might be? I've been a bit afraid to look up my symptoms but from what I know, this seemed to be a good forum to put my question in.
Thanks so much for reading.
Blank
675718_tn?1321008971
it would be a great idea to seek treatment i started hearing voices four years ago and quickly found out i had schizophrenia i attend group therapy and take medications too
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
585414_tn?1288944902
  Having auditory hallucinations and having difficulty relating to people can occur in schizophrenia but they can occur in other psychiatric disabilities as well. The most important thing to do is to be able to explain in detail exactly what is happening and then an appropriate diagnosis and follow up can be determined by a professional. A psychololgist should be able to help and they can see if a further referral is needed. Talk therapy can be helpful regardless. The important thing to understand is all of these concerns are treatable and once they determine what is happening they can provide you with further information at that time.
Blank
675718_tn?1321008971
it would be a great idea to seek treatment i started hearing voices four years ago and quickly found out i had schizophrenia i attend group therapy and take medications too
Blank
I'm going to see a therapist this week.I'm almost afraid of what they'll say! Thanks for the answers. I really appreciate them. :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Schizophrenia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...