Schizophrenia Community
Invega symptoms...side effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Invega symptoms...side effects

My wife was on Invega for 7 days (6mg twice a day)
She stopped taking the drug after being released from the clinic.
It's been a month since she stopped taking the drug and both her hands tremble all the time now.
She feels complete fatigue but inner restlessness. She has take no other medication ever.

My question is how long does a drug like Invega stay in you? When can she expect the side effects to subside?
We are very worried, any information would be greatly appreciated.
  • invega (1 replies):
    i was just put on ivega and i have been doing weird thin...[more]
  • out of control (2 replies):
    I took my meds after not taking them for a while due to ...[more]
  • for health reasons (2 replies):
    i was on invega for 3 years at 8 mg a day and i was wond...[more]
  • Invega (8 replies):
    I have just been prescribed Invega 9 mg for Bipolar Diso...[more]
  • invega (1 replies):
    my son was recently hospitalized for suicidal thoughts a...[more]
Most likely since Invega is basically a long acting version of Risperdal it took some time to get out of her system and she was experiencing akathesia (motor restlessness) and dystonia (hands shaking) which are temporary motor disorders. Of course Invega and all other antipsychotics can cause tardive dyskinesia (for more information google "patient education tardive dyskinesia") which is permanent and if someone has that then they should see a neurologist but its extremely doubtful that it would occur within 7 days. The sedation should have passed as well. Most likely she's improved by now (of course there will be a return in psychiatric symptoms) but let us know.