Schizophrenia Community
Is there a name for this condition
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is there a name for this condition

I am very concerned about my sister.  She has this problem which has a few differents angles. One is she brings up things that have happened in the past that have hurt her millions of times.  If she has visitors she may tell them at breakfast lunch and tea.  There is ALWAYS a huge drama in her life.  She has had some awful things happen but some of these stories are totally her imagination and grow in length severity with time.  She has fallen out with nearly all her  close friends and family at any stage of her life...........and sometimes never speaks to them again.  Her own two boys and hubby would of heard them I don't know how many times...........when she gets going no one else can say a thing she just talks talks talks...........Its affected her direct family too.

Sometimes she purposely makes people do things so she can complain about it later (eg says we don't need tea, just a cuppa when visiting) and then later complains they gave her no tea.

She is a beautiful person if you take this awful problem away..........Please help.  She is a very lonely person because the whole world is against her.  (she thinks)
Related Discussions
585414_tn?1288944902
Well you can't take it away. Any psychiatric disability is there for life because they are genetic but they can be treated. Only a psychiatrist can make a diagnosis but a person being speeded up in that fashion sounds like the manic episodes from bipolar and manipulative behavior is often a sign of borderline personality disorder. It does not sound like schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder (which I have made a full recovery from, read through my posts) to me but only a psychiatrist can understand it fully. Any of these psychiatric disabilities require medication and talk therapy is essential as well but borderline personality disorder also responds well to cognitive behavioral therapy in addition. Have her referred to a psychiatrist and speak to them about all this.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Schizophrenia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...