Schizophrenia Community
Laughing at death?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Laughing at death?

Ugh. I hate this. I don't know why but whenever somebody is in pain/torture/dying/dead (fictional or real) I laugh or at the very least smile. I hate it. It makes me look like I want to hurt people and if my class is watching a movie on a war or something and somebody gets shot and I laugh, they just stare at me. Although I do fantasize about inflicting pain on people, I am such a shy and timid person I would never. I don't think I really find it funny though. I don't know. But sometimes I actually do find it funny, like their faces are distorted in pain or their screams sound funny. God this sounds like a joke but it's not. I've heard that a symptom of schizophrenia can be inappropriate display of emotion. Is this an example of that? And why am I laughing at death that isn't okay!
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
520191_tn?1355639002
Have you been diagnosed with schizophrenia? Yes what you are describing sounds similar to me but my one isn't  just when people are in pain, dying or what ever i laugh and grin when people or myself are talking about serious things and important things. I find it a struggle because i cant control it at all. I don't know if its linked to schizophrenia or not.
Blank
675718_tn?1321008971
i have flat-affect i am without emotions so i dont date anymore cuz i dont have emotions to share anyways i too also laugh in the face of danger wierd i know :)
Blank
1985196_tn?1402193698
I sometime's get  laughter attacks  at nothing , and yes i do have
inappropriate emotion's, like avoiding my girlfriend ,kinda cold towards her sometimes , i know it sounds bad , but i can't help it i go off into my own world or getting destracted by my disorganised thought's and voice's. And i have no feelings toward's people anymore , but i like people sometime's and care but i can't seem to feel , hard to explain but it suck's
Blank
Oh gosh that kinda scares me how similar that sounds to me... Yeah maybe I'll tell my mom about it
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Schizophrenia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...