Schizophrenia Community
Laughing at death?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Laughing at death?

Ugh. I hate this. I don't know why but whenever somebody is in pain/torture/dying/dead (fictional or real) I laugh or at the very least smile. I hate it. It makes me look like I want to hurt people and if my class is watching a movie on a war or something and somebody gets shot and I laugh, they just stare at me. Although I do fantasize about inflicting pain on people, I am such a shy and timid person I would never. I don't think I really find it funny though. I don't know. But sometimes I actually do find it funny, like their faces are distorted in pain or their screams sound funny. God this sounds like a joke but it's not. I've heard that a symptom of schizophrenia can be inappropriate display of emotion. Is this an example of that? And why am I laughing at death that isn't okay!
Have you been diagnosed with schizophrenia? Yes what you are describing sounds similar to me but my one isn't  just when people are in pain, dying or what ever i laugh and grin when people or myself are talking about serious things and important things. I find it a struggle because i cant control it at all. I don't know if its linked to schizophrenia or not.
i have flat-affect i am without emotions so i dont date anymore cuz i dont have emotions to share anyways i too also laugh in the face of danger wierd i know :)
I sometime's get  laughter attacks  at nothing , and yes i do have
inappropriate emotion's, like avoiding my girlfriend ,kinda cold towards her sometimes , i know it sounds bad , but i can't help it i go off into my own world or getting destracted by my disorganised thought's and voice's. And i have no feelings toward's people anymore , but i like people sometime's and care but i can't seem to feel , hard to explain but it suck's
Oh gosh that kinda scares me how similar that sounds to me... Yeah maybe I'll tell my mom about it