Lying
My 38 year old daughter has a compulsive lying disorder which she has been doing since childhood.  This has been something her family has tried to confront her on but over the years we have given up until she is now destroying her sibling relationships but now also with her own children.  Could she be psychotic?
I don't think compulsive lying has anything to do with psychosis as the person can admit their lies are false when confronted.  Delusions are another story which is probably what you are thinking of and as associated with psychotic states.  Delusions are not lies but the person believes them to be true no matter what evidence you present to them and they actually are true for the person in question so it is basically impossible for the person to be lying when they tell you truthfully about their delusions.  Only a psychiatrist could figure it out in the end.