Melatonin benefits reTD?
Has anyone tried melatonin for the prevention of, or reduction in, tardive dyskinesia?  Vitamin E is supposed to provide some tentative help (according to studies on the web), and it has been speculated that this help is because it is an antioxidant.  Melatonin is several times stronger as an antioxidant than Vitamin E (also according to the web).
I do know that melatonin has been shown to be of tentative help but I did not find it to be of help. Some studies now are showing that vitamin e is not as effective as they thought it was. I took vitamin e long before I acquired tardive dyskinesia for this reason as directed by a psychiatrist and it wasn't of any specific help in this regard in preventing it. I take several natural remedies in clinical study that help treat tardive dyskinesia (under the supervision of a movement disorders specialist) but I do not know if they work to prevent tardive dyskinesia. Fish oil was shown to be of some benefit in this regard I believe and I was allowed to take it as an adjunct mood stabilizer and I know it was helpful for that. We can't post case study links but the way to tell if any study is accurate is see if its listed in clinicaltrials.gov and/or pubmed and then discuss what you see with your psychiatrist or doctor as some studies are outdated or inconclusive and any clinical finding should be discussed with a psychiatrist.