Schizophrenia Community
Nausea, Meds and Worry
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nausea, Meds and Worry

Does the Nausea ever go away from the meds?>

Do you get to a point where you stop piling on weight at all?

Because these side effects are making me worry. I have Schizoaffective Disorder and I'm on Seroquel.

I feel like I need to be sick every day. It makes me not want to exercise or move much and I'm in constant ups and downs mood wise like a yo-yo...I just wondered if this was normal? Does it eventually go as I don't know how long I can cope with it.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
585414_tn?1288944902
That's an unusual side effect from Seroquel. I did have it from Depakoate and lithium which is more typical but I tolerated the coated versions better so they didn't produce nausea. Seroquel might have that option as well. Seroquel has a short half life so perhaps the extended release version would be more of help. However, although it is approved for bipolar it was originally designed as an antipsychotic. I have schizoaffective and I require both a mood stabilizer and an antipsychotic. That's more typical. The mood stabilizer that worked best for me and was easiest for me to tolerate was Lamictal but each person responds differently to each medication. Speak to your psychiatrist about all this.
Blank
675718_tn?1321008971
my nausea went away after three days
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Schizophrenia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity