Schizophrenia Community
Other Uses For Clozaril (Clozapine)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Other Uses For Clozaril (Clozapine)

Here are uses I know a doctor can prescribe Clozaril (Clozapine):

- psychosis
- hallucinations
- paranoia
- delusions

What other uses are there for Clozaril?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1039200 tn?1314915608
As far as I know, Clozaril is used to treat the psychotic symptoms of schizophrenia and bipolar / schizoaffective disorder when other atypical antipsychotics have been tried and failed, or not been tolerated due to side effects such as TD..
Blank
585414 tn?1288944902
This question is best posed to a psychiatrist but I will tell you what I know as a consumer. Apart from any usage of it that's under clinical study Clozaril has been shown to have mood stabilization properties (I know this for a fact because I have schizoaffective disorder and when I was on Clozaril was able to take it without a mood stabilizer which I otherwise require with an antipsychotic including now with the antipsychotic agent I take that is in clinical study). As well Clozaril has been proven in clinical study to reduce the risk of suicide among people with schizophrenia.
Blank
It's supposed to be the most effective medication in general for treating schizophrenia.  A psychiatrist said once it is most effective, provided it works for you, at wiping the voices out.  I have not tried it myself however because other antipsychotics work for me although not as much as I'd like but hey we can't ask for too much.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Schizophrenia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...