Aa
A
A
Close
585414 tn?1288944902
Rehearsing Conversations in Advance Anyone Have this Problem?
  Sometimes I find that I am continuously rehearsing conversations with people I know or family or even my psychiatrist in advance. I tend to plan out what I am going to say based on responses. I tend to lack an ability to be spontaenous and need to think over what I am going to say and how. Has anyone experienced this concern before?
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1985196 tn?1402193698
Yes , i have had this happening to me since i was a child , i guess it maybe because i might forget what i'm going to say or maybe so i don't say the wrong thing . It could be a possibilty that it might have something to do with OCD , but i don't know for sure .
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
675718 tn?1449992146
i do it too for my doctor's appt. i have so many aches&pains i just need everything they will give me :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
3236191 tn?1451025079
I do it too, mainly because my language skills are very chaotic and if I try to go in to a conversation unprepared, I won't make much sense verbally.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
4730868 tn?1362623278
I do this all the time! I thought I was alone in doing this. On the way to places or at home I will sit and rehearse for a very long time what I am going to say. I play out different situations in my head, good and bad. It has been something that I have done since I can remember.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Oh gosh I thought I was just weird c: But is this related to schizophrenia? Or OCD? It seems like a compulsive symptom if any
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Schizophrenia Community Resources