Rehearsing Conversations in Advance Anyone Have this Problem?
  Sometimes I find that I am continuously rehearsing conversations with people I know or family or even my psychiatrist in advance. I tend to plan out what I am going to say based on responses. I tend to lack an ability to be spontaenous and need to think over what I am going to say and how. Has anyone experienced this concern before?
Yes , i have had this happening to me since i was a child , i guess it maybe because i might forget what i'm going to say or maybe so i don't say the wrong thing . It could be a possibilty that it might have something to do with OCD , but i don't know for sure .
i do it too for my doctor's appt. i have so many aches&pains i just need everything they will give me :)
I do it too, mainly because my language skills are very chaotic and if I try to go in to a conversation unprepared, I won't make much sense verbally.
I do this all the time! I thought I was alone in doing this. On the way to places or at home I will sit and rehearse for a very long time what I am going to say. I play out different situations in my head, good and bad. It has been something that I have done since I can remember.
Oh gosh I thought I was just weird c: But is this related to schizophrenia? Or OCD? It seems like a compulsive symptom if any