Schizophrenia Community
Roboticized

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Roboticized

I have been diagnosed with chronic paranoid schizophrenia by a psychiatrist.  I was wondering if it were worthwhile to see a psychiatrist ASAP with the following.  Possibly to get my medication increased or changed.  I take 20mg of Abilify for psychosis and 100mg of sertraline for anxiety and I guess negative symptoms.  I noticed lately I am occasionally having trouble joining the words of sentences together into one piece.  I also feel a huge disconnect between my emotions and mind resulting in me having not desire to even act on them more and more as the days pass.  Things are also appearing more "grey" to me rather than colorful.  Not literally, but rather, I'm losing the ability to feel pleasure in things.  I feel like everything is starting to feel robotic rather than biological, and I'm starting to look at everything as IF, THEN like in programming.  (IF something happens, THEN this happens)  I am viewing life as IF born, THEN die.  Not because I'm depressed or want to die or find life pointless or anything, but rather, I just see that's the end result of being born.  I also have trouble speaking sometimes.  Such as a few days ago I said "That's... kinda... funny." and someone asked me to do something and my brain refused to respond to the thing they requested of me, so I just sat there staring vacantly.  I also am sometimes feeling dissociative like I am watching myself as a third party as I do things.

As a side note I proofread this and my sentences look like a load of sentence fragments, rather than complete sentences, which I normally write long winded sentences.
  Yes it would be worthwhile to discuss that with your psychiatrist at their next available appointment and also to keep track of that as well and as to when it started, when it worsened and if it occurred in the past and if other medications helped treat it at other times.
   Some of the concerns you described could be from negative and cognitive symptoms. Some of that could be from anhedonia which can effect a person's ability to experience emotional enjoyment but is seperate from depression. However only a psychiatrist would understand this in full. I have experienced many of these concerns at times, more so in the past and they would respond to currently available treatment. Your psychiatrist should be able to adjust and/or change your medications to be able to treat these concerns within their clinical discretion.
Thanks ILADVOCATE, I'm currently in limbo right now with psychiatrists because I've moved between countries and haven't been able to get a release of information signed so I can get my records from the US transferred here.  I've seen one once but no continuing care at this point.
does the abilify work for you?
It was so far, doesn't seem to be now.