Schizophrenia Community
Sex drive after stopping risperdal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Sex drive after stopping risperdal

Hi! Does anyone know how long does it take for sex drive to come back after stopping 1mg risperdal?
(I've been taking it for 2 years). Thank you very much!
Tags: sex drive
i take risperdal and i still have my sex drive differrent people respond differently to differrent medications prozac killed my sex drive for two years andi only took it for three months :)
Hi drifter, thank you for quick answer. Two years is quite a long time to wait for libido to come back, but I'm glad you have it back now :)
thank you this happened to me in '95 i had a lot of problems that year but live & learn i made it through tough times :)
Wish you the best for the future! I wish someone else, too could share his/hers experiance on this topic... Is it usual to take that long to get back sex drive after stopping antipsycotics, especially risperdal?!
i think that different bodies vary from person to person
My fiance took this for 8 months, not sure of dosage but more than you took, he was a zombie. I had to fight to get him off, and finally 2 months later he was more like the man I fell in love with, but not affectionate yet and no sex drive. 4 months though yeay! Sex again and much more affectionate! Not great sex for me mind you, he's so sensitive I guess? He doesn't last long at all. But that's okay, he's doing better and it will improve!  So hang in there, thank the Great and Wonderful Lord, its not permanent!
Well, according to my experience, risperdel reduced my sex drive slowly and made it nil. I used it for one year. Then I returned back to seroquel and again sex drive came back. Talking about sex, my sexual was extremely good when i was in my country, But never had sex because prostitution is illegal in my country. So i used to do mas........... It gave me extremely pleasure. But when i came to abroad,  i m modified and diagnosed, Then I started to realize the main secret of western life. And all the answers I started to know after sex because it was extremely painful at the beginning. I found that in abroad people hearts has been modified may be in childhood. Which reduces the pleasure. Then i became positive to naked world and highly madly and deeply impressed. It has lots of good result such as less nervous, less spontaneous, rare rape cases, male and female friendly, doesn't nervous while handshake, hug, etc. life is die or shy