Schizophrenia Community
Support Forums For Voice Hearers of All Types.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

I believe this community is an excellent community for voice hearers.
I would be interested though in learning of supportive voice hearing groups
for all types of voice hearers ranging from people who hear voices due to
psychosis, trauma, injury, abuse, spiritual, alternative, etc.
I find  that the lack of support for voice hearers in general is a large barrier in itself.
I have looked and researched online and they seem to be few and far between.
Any information is appreciated.  I have been contemplating a support group myself for
all types of voice hearers, but I'm not that knowledgeable in all aspects.
There are so many groups located in England and other countries also.
I'd like to see more here in the United States; Support and Help for Voice Hearers.
Any imput is appreciated.
Thank You and Happy Hollidays All. : )
i hear voices due to schizophrenia ; my voices have conversations with each other
I used to hear voices but they haven't come back since I took antipsychotics except a couple of times.  Also have plenty of other symptoms though which is why it bothers me when people follow the stereotype that schizophrenia only causes voices and some of my symptoms didn't go away yet.  I think you might have a good idea there but tell me what got you so interested in people hearing voices?  I can't recall if you said why or not.
Yes, I have heard a voice for 2 years now which I am convinced is from a spirit or energy because I do indeed have it recorded as well as having 2 family members who have heard it call my name....so i became interested ofcourse in learning how to deal with the voice i hear and hence became interested in all types of voice hearers.
I fully understand the difficulties and pain involved in my experience and also have compassion and some understanding of what other voice hearers deal with so I am very
much interested in "Support" for all types of voice hearers as I believe it is essential to support voice hearers of all types....i did have 5 voices at one time, but am now down to one thank God....Peace to all as it should be : )
I do find this community to be supportive by the way and give all much credit for supporting others and giving very helpful information.
Unfortuanately the first group I did join turned "sour" and the support stopped cold in it's tracks...support is a continual thing and needed.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All....and again any info. on support groups including all types of voice hearers is appreciated...I'm big on support; can't help myself on this one because I know how the voices can indeed torment a person, but then we can learn to cope and deal with them with the help from our friends.
Interesting.  Do they seem to be coming from a distance away from you and are you able to drown them out with music for example?  Sorry, I don't know any support groups specifically for all people who hear voices.  The times I heard voices externally I wasn't able to make out what direction or distance they were coming from precisely and it was rather vague like just only having N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW to pick from.  I even had one I got delusions over even though I only heard it one time.
hi corlen,
the one voice left does come from  from a distance of approximately 4 feet to 15 feet away and i am approximating.
the voice is always in a whisper and it is a male voice.
i believe i am a haunted person corlen, but it was much more involved than this before.
yes, this voice is heard with my ears (external voice) and i have never seen anything thank God again except in the beginning way back which i won't get into here.
there is a link on my profile for a part of my personal experience.
when reading my own personal experience corlen; i can easily understand why some may conclude that what i experienced were auditory hallucinations, but i stand firm in my belief and also that of the recorder as well as 2 others who have heard this voice.
5 voices down to one is a good sign of hope for me and all others....thanks for sharing all and i'll keep looking for support groups when i'm not so tired : )
hi drifter and thanks for sharing about your voices having conversations with each other.
i have heard of this also; must get pretty chaotic at times drifter; how do you deal with it???
rabin

Corlen,
I didn't answer your question on sound helping.
Yes indeed sound does help enormously.
Televisions have been placed in the exact locations from where the voice comes from in my home as well as using radios all on a very low volume.
It helps a great deal.

i ignore them (voices)
hi drifter,
smart advice and excellent thinking too; i try my damndest...: )
lol maybe that's why most of the voices went away because they got frustrated with being drowned out and the one left behind is just stubborn.
hi corlen,
well, it's a funny thing.  I attribute the other voices leaving due to my own perseverence and determination not to let them drive me out of my mind..as well as believing in myself and God.  Yes, this voice is the weakest of the sleu that was here and it is getting weaker and less in intensity and frequency...there are ways to deal with these voices....
thanks corlen...: )
let's always give ourselves credit because we are the ones dealing with them : )
Just came across this interesting thread.  I am a clinical psychologist with a particular interest in voice hearing.  I have completed research looking at the expereinces of voice hearers who have come into contact with mental health services and those who have not.  A forum for voice hearers I came across whilst completing this work was 'Intervoice' (comes up on Google) - a mixture of personal expereince, research, clinical information etc.  May be worth a look for anyone experiencing or struggling with voices.