Schizophrenia Community
Voices??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Voices??

How do the voices from schizophrenia sound??? I have anxiety panic attacks and Im really scared of having schizophrenia. Sometimes I hear voices but their inside my head not outside. Im pretty sure its just my mind playing tricks on me since Im always so anxious. Im sure I make up the voices to scare myself. Ive been to a psychiatrist and he said it was anxiety. How do the voices from schizophrenia sound like clear or loud etc??? Thanks
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
675718_tn?1321008971
my voices that i hear sound not so loud but the voices have conversations with each other :)
Blank
My voices have different acoustics than someone actually talking if I hear them outside of my head.  You can also hear voices inside your head as well, which I also do.
Blank
Can u hear clearly on the conversation?
Blank
675718_tn?1321008971
i say yes plus what my mind's thoughts are giving me the sound of constant voices interact with other voices in my head i hear conversations basically :)
Blank
585414_tn?1288944902
   I have schizoaffective disorder (schizophrenia with a mood disorder) and although the auditory hallucinations I have are somewhat in remission before this happened they could take on the voices of other people I knew or figures in the media. They could also be mocking or insulting me. Or they could be similar to the way other people are describing them. The one difference I had from the way it can often occur is that I could perceive that they were voices and did not think of them as apart from me but to have this happen I had to remain in treatment.
    When someone has anxiety disorder they can go through a whole shift in the thought process when they are experiencing anxiety episodes but it is separate from psychosis and occurs specifically during anxiety attacks. However only a psychiatrist could provide a specific diagnosis but it would be worth explaining everything that you are experiencing to one and also take note of when you have this episodes how often they occur and what are some of the causes. Also there are specific phobias that can occur in anxiety disorder, including phobias of having certain conditions, including schizophrenia so it would be worthwhile to discuss this with them as well.
Blank
585414_tn?1288944902
  Sorry meant as response for first post.
Blank
I've wondered that too, I've heard stuff that I think is like telepathy like a tiny voice will give me heads up on a word I was looking for.... I have fantasy and daydream that to a psychiatrist must sound like hallucinations yet it is different, so I gather... Its more like I'm initiating it

I get in trouble because I believe in telepathy even if its communicating with something on the astral realm, I can visualise this realm too...should say used to till I went on antipsychotics
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Schizophrenia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...