Schizophrenia Community
What do you guys think of greater tracker customization?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Hello everyone.  I posted a suggestion in the MedHelp Suggestions Community and it hasn't really gotten much feedback.  My suggestion was for the Mood Tracker to have a greater amount of customization since symptoms of mental illnesses can vary so much from person to person.  This suggestion could carry over into other trackers too.  

Since it concerns those suffering from Schizophrenia that are trying to track our moods/symptoms with the Mood Tracker, I thought it would be great to get more feedback from all of you.  There's a poll if you don't really feel like typing up a comment.  Please let me know what you think.  The thread is here:  http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/696737
I've been using it and that's complex. Not every issue is common but if there were an ability to add some on your own it might be good. The medication I am taking Tenex for dystonic spasms also serves as a mood stabilizer but it has like Clonidine the potential to cause mood alterations (that's why those two are little used) so I am monitoring not just my moodswings but for medication induced mania or depression. This is rare among the common mood stabilizers but there are lesser known ones that can cause that. I know Trileptal brought me into an agitated mixed state and Keppra caused suicidal ideations. I took Lithium and Depakoate long term without personalilty alterations but I was taken off Lamictal by my psychopharmocologist because it worsened the mania (which he stated could happenned at higher doses). I don't know how common this is. The difficulty is Lithium is the only medication specifically invented for mood stabilization. Most of the others are anti-convulsants and other medications and may target other receptors not involved and cause problems.
    This issue might not apply to a lot of people so it wouldn't make sense to add it for everyone but I'd like to be able to add it for myself. This is just an example so yes in that regard I would tend to agree with you on that issue although the mood tracker may be a specific blueprint created by clinical psychiatrists and used on a wide scale so it would depend.