Schizophrenia Community
What is wrong with me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

What is wrong with me?

I don't know what is wrong with me. I have almost all the signs of being a psychopath, but i wasn't born with this condition. And i do not have an urge or thoughts of hurting people. I do not have any emotions. I never cry or feel something like love, hate or happiness. I can look at one view on something and see tens and hundreds of other views. I can understand other peoples emotions to the point that i can tell what they why they feel that way, and what they will do next and what their intentions are. I can lie without people ever finding out about that. Although i do not think it's a good thing, but i'm just stating the facts. I do not feel any regret or remorse for anything. I do not feel sad when people get hurt or die. I do not feel anything. I am a good actor, and when i need to pretend that i feel sad i can always fake it. People can never tell that i'm acting. I am also intelligent, have a great memory, and very good at sports and pushing myself to the limit. Is there anything wrong with me? Should i consider myself a psychopath?
  Loss of emotions and emotional feeling for others can occur in schizophrenia and other psychiatric disabilities but only a psychiatrist could provide a specific diagnosis. Rather than use a term such as psychopath which is not used in psychiatry its essential to realize that you just need help as many people here do myself included and with treatment things improve and a psychiatrist could explain more. Without treatment sometimes people can engage in behavior that is potentially destructive or does not think or the concerns of others and that can change and be helped.
A psychopath and someone who is psychotic are two entirely different things.  I'm assuming psychopath is a psychological term if it's used at all in the mental health field (my therapist said she was surprised I hadn't become a sociopath with the way I grew up so I assume it's used at least informally) while psychotic is a psychiatric term.
And I got side tracked and forgot to write that being psychotic is what schizophrenia causes, but so can many other conditions.
i am emotionally numb also i think it's from having PTSD :)
Hi Karina,
I would also suggest speaking with a therapist or psychiatrist about all that you have described in your post.
One thing though; people cannot know the intentions of others.  We may assume or speculate that we can know, but we cannot know for certain what another is thinking.
Have you considered that just maybe you don't want to experience these emotions because they in fact do cause you pain so your mind has put up a strong mental and emotional block.
There are many people who are called empaths or being very sensitive to anothers pain, feelings and suffering; they are able to empathize with people to a degree that makes one feel uncomfortable, but there are ways to deal with this. I am only speculating here ofcourse.  Lying is not good and you know this so I would suggest that you stop lying and see if you feel any better just for not lying and then that would be an good emotion; just a suggestion.
I am curious to know when in a room with others if you believe you are picking up others emotions and if you ever asked that person if you were correct in what you may have picked up ???  I guess I should not play therapist here, but something tells me you just may be extremely empathetic toward others and don't know how to deal with all the intake of others emotions and pain so you may put up this mental barrier to stop feeling anything.  Just some thoughts.
I wish you well and I'm sure you'll get this all worked out.  Take it easy on yourself also and speak with someone about what your experiencing if you choose to.
Also, many people have reverse reactions when someone dies or gets hurt; this is not so uncommon.  Take care.