can someone explain Schizoid personality disorder
im looking more at the secret schizoid but if anyone can explain any of it it would be much appreciated this is what i was reading
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid#The_.27secret_schizoid.27
I never heard of schizoid personality disorder until reading most from the link you gave.
In my opinion it is a lifestyle a person has chosen to live based on what I read, but the named psychiatrists in wikipedia decided to label certain people as being schizoid because they choose to live a certain way.
I believe if the so called schizoid is content or happy with their life then there should not be a problem. The problems seem to be more with the psychiatrists or families who don't approve of their chosen lifestyle.  This is my opinion ofcourse.
I'll try and read the entire article in wikipedia.
Hi again,
Based on the article in Wikipedia I believe what it is saying is that while being "observed" a secret schizoid is basically a person who appears able to socialize and interact in public, but then chooses to lead a solitary life style for the most part.
They even refer to the secret schizoid as being an introvert yet also covert.
Go figure hey :)
it just seems like a label doctors use
Schizoid personality disorder is basically where someone has personality traits that could be considered traits of schizophrenia but they don't have the psychosis and whatnot, in a nutshell.
but does it mean that they still see and hear things but can act normal around people at times? or something like that ???
With schizophrenia or schizoaffective (schizophrenia with a mood disorder) a person (such as I did before my current recovery and certainly before medication) has psychotic thoughts all the time. With schizoid personality disorder it effects aspects of a person's reality testing but not others but you could ask your psychiatrist more about the specifics.
Hearing a voice or voices and seeing or having visions are an  "individual" thing
I believe each person will react differently to what they see or hear.
Take Care...
Psychosis involves the seeing and hearing things.  It's more just they have bizarre thoughts and personality quirks and stuff like that.
i used to hear voices all the time
Hello and Hope you're feeling better.
I just wanted to mention that there are coping methods for hearing distressing voices if you google it as well as I have written some of my own coping methods listed under my profile.
Stay strong and believe in yourself.
I would suggest thinking of what you see as imaginations only and not being real so as you should never feel threatened when you do see such things again.
You are safe; believe this and tell yourself this continually.  Nothing will hurt you.
some things i know are not real but it still scares me to death because shouldnt be seeing things that arent there...i hate it i just want it all to end.....
Hi, it's good to hear from you first of all.
You should know that you are not alone in what you're experiencing first of all.
There are many who hear voices and see different things and many were very well known people also.  Visit intervoiceonline.org or mental health forum and read a little at the intervoice site.  There are many stories and helpful links, books, etc. there to view which may help you deal/cope with what you're experiencing.
You must try hard to believe that you can and will learn to deal with what you're experiencing; you really will by learning more and maybe joining a support group for those who hear voices, etc. plus discussing this with your doctor or therapist.
Please remember that fear is temporary and will be lessened as you learn to deal with it.  If you can't find the link for intervoice or mental health forum/hearing voices forum please let me know and I will get it and come back and post it for you.
You will get through this and you're not alone believe me.

Hi Again,
I realize you are seeing things and experiencing fear and this may be helped with medication as well.
I believe there are specific medications to treat fear so please speak to your doctor about this because if you can get relief from the fear you'll feel much better.
Remember that these things you see will never hurt you.  Try and get relief from the fear.  Here is the link for intervoice if you are also hearing voices and remember there are support groups to consider also.  You just need to decide which support group suits you best.
Take care of yourself and here is the link:  http://www.intervoiceonline.org/