Schizophrenia Community
hearing my thoughts
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hearing my thoughts

I'e taken Seroquel 200mg 3x a day for 13 years. I'm always having conversation (in my head), and was wondering if (I know it sounds wierd) when I read I hear myself as if I was reading aloud. Could this be a symptom that requires a med change?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
585414_tn?1288944902
  Yes I have schizoaffective and as treatment has improved for me (I am in a clinical study for a new antipsychotic in development) I have stopped having had a problem with having auditory hallucinations (hearing voices) part of which was hearing a running conversation, sometimes about me. When that became a concern or worsened, in the past I would always call it to the attention of my psychiatrist. However when I read I hear what I am reading out loud but other people do I know who have some form of learning disability and some people even read out loud I know who do. That may or may not be a problem. It depends when it occurs in general and how it impacts on your life.
Blank
Maybe I forgot to say, that I don't actually speak. I just hear myself in my head.
Blank
675718_tn?1321008971
i have had conversations in my head too when i used to hear voices, the other thing is that i told my doctor that i used to think that it was my inner-voice that i used to hear often so they reduced my anti-depressant :)
Blank
Sometimes, especially if I'm tired, I hear my thoughts out loud as if they are spoken to me by myself speaking to myself that have the same acoustics as the voices in my head if that makes sense but I was told by a doctor and a medical student both that voices in your head are subconscious thoughts being mistaken as auditory external stimuli so it might have something to do with hearing my thoughts as if they are external.
Blank
"Sometimes, especially if I'm tired, I hear my thoughts out loud as if they are spoken to me by myself speaking to myself that have the same acoustics as the voices in my head if that makes sense but I was told by a doctor and a medical student both that voices in your head are subconscious thoughts being mistaken as auditory external stimuli so it might have something to do with hearing my thoughts as if they are external"

could you explain to me this please? do you hear your voice or someone else's voice and where does it come from?

Blank
would really appreciate an answer. What are these voices in your head? could you describe them to me? are all of them yours? and in that case which ones did you hear aloud
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Schizophrenia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank