Schizophrenia Community
how to control my mind

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

how to control my mind

Hi, I am very insecure person with very low esteem with whatever I do. I have this feeling that every person standing next to me or seated next me, feels like they are constantly looking at me. When I am in store, I think everybody is looking at me and I feel very disturbed. specially  at checkout points, I get very nervous and panic. This happens everywhere. Even when I am at work, when co workers pass alone the way, I have to check them. I started this habit that I do things which I really dont want to do. When I see people in shorts, I look at the feet or body even my mind telling not to do it and very uncomfortable for me not to control my mind. This cause severe embarrassment and for me and people as well. How can I be more positive about myself and control my mind and uncontrolled thoughts. I know this is very different and I appreciate for the help.
Yes. Have you discussed this with a psychiatrist yet? Some of the thoughts you are describing sound like they could potentially be obsessive compulsive, other aspects are similar to anxiety disorder and often thoughts such as mind control can be part of psychosis but only a psychiatirst could provide a specific diagnosis. It would be worth seeing one. Keep track of when the thoughts occur ,specifically what triggers them and how often they occur so you can describe them to a psychiatrist so that they could best help you.
Thank you, I will see a psychiatrist as soon as possible.
it also sounds like paranoia