Schizophrenia Community
my child hears muffeld voices

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

my child hears muffeld voices

she hears muffled voices that she can not make what they are saying.....she has seen shadow people..they are not scarry to her she is 13......she scences hing before they happen....what do we need to do
Best to take her to a psychiatrist as they would know what to do. I have schizoaffective disorder myself and started having auditory hallucinations and delusions at that age but only a psychiatrist can provide a specific diagnosis but it would be helpful for her to see one.
I also heard voices (5 at one times over 2 yrs. ago).
I couldn't make out what the whispering voices were saying either.
It was frigtening I know first hand, but I believed and trusted in myself.
I was positive the voices were from spirits or negative energy and this has been confirmed
by world re-knowned people in the area of the paranormal.
I now hear only 1 very faint voice and ths voice has been recorded.
The voice also has been heard by 2 other people in this house.
When the psychiatrist heard the recording she didn't know what to think or say except that she knew nothing about the paranormal.
You state that your daughter senses things before they happen and some can consider that a "gift" or perhaps not a gift depending on the person.
She is your daughter and only 13 years old so it would be beneficial to check into "ALL" possible options regarding what she's experiencing.
Before recording the voice I hear I tried anti-psychotic medications which did not help because anti-psychotics were not going to take away something that was real; something that was actually happening.
There are those who hear voices who are not schizophrenic and that's a fact.
There are those dedicated to helping those who are experiencing psychic phenomena also and can be found on the internet and elsewhere.
Take ILADVOCATES advice, but if medications don't work; look into other possible reasons for why she may be hearing voices.
Good Luck To You and Your Daughter...
Also keep in mind to speak with your priest/clergy if you choose to.
I have had all three of those things happen just as you described, as well as many other things, starting at various ages (hallucinations when I was only 3 or 4 years old) and progressively getting worse until I started meds, and I have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.  It would be a good idea to take her into a psychiatrist but it could be any number of things, a psychiatrist could figure it out eventually.
I am 42 year old woman, but I understand the muffled voices, I get that too. I have bipolar 1.
My heart goes out to you and your child.

Human Genome project may have some answers for bipolar sufferers in the future, I have my fingers crossed.

Hang in there, hugs from Darlene
I am 36 an I too have seen shadows an heard  very low whispers that others claim they can't hear. But what I have learned is that when I hear the voices people around me tend to get louder as if they hear them but don't want to admitt to it. I have heard the voices talk to people around me an tell them what to do towards me. I know it sounds like a I'm crazy but I am not. Along with the voices I've noticed people with strange body language.  This has been going on for 8 years now.  Now the voices are coming from  every where. No matter where I am. Even at work or the grocery store. But to be honest the voices are no longer voices, they are individuals. An lots of them. Some times I think its a secret society of people.  Not sure why I was targeted but I am a 36 year old victim. When I'm out I see people pointing an whispering is that him. I just ignore all an go on about my life. Believe me. It is a STRUGGLE. I contemplate suicide daily.  To everyone who has this burden to bare I understand ur PAIN.  Head phones help me get through most days.
It sounds exactly like what I was experiencing before I was put on seroquel xr. Doctor said it was schizo affective disorder due to my depression. I couldn't understand what he was saying other than his name. Once I got on my meds they went away though.