675718 tn?1449992146
oops!!
hey i need some insight guys & gals i gained weight 75 lbs. with respiridone and my sugar is up 30 pts. i gained now two lbs. a day and i threw out my risperdal i started 2x 20mg.(breakfast) & 3x20mg. (supper) of geodon now i feel great with the cogentin also was i wrong to change? also i need to know from you'all ( i mean iladvocate) if you remember how many calories i have to eat to successfully satisfy the enzymes & geodon to digest the meds together?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
675718 tn?1449992146
also i wanted to mention that my parents have diabetes and i am deathly afraid of developing it cuz i read on google that anti-psychotics cause this to happen especially for addicts& alcoholics like ME and my age also (including TD.)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
585414 tn?1288944902
  The important thing to do with any medication change is to work with your psychiatrist so they can give you a titration schedule to follow and be able to give direct advice as to how to address this concern. Weight gain from antipsychotics can be a concern. It might be worthwhile to ask your psychiatrist about a referral to a nutritionist. If the weight gain continues to the point where it could be of concern healthwise as regards the potential of diabetes I do know some people who experience this are prescribed Metformin as a preventative measure and you could ask your psychiatrist if this is a potential option.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
675718 tn?1449992146
thank you iladvocate take care and happy holidays !  :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
be carefull if you want to come of geodon it has nasty withdrawal consequences but most docs are oblivious.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Schizophrenia Community Resources