Itching scars
anyone have a good solution?
hi.  I've found that its very useful to use aquafore or even vaseline to stop the itching.  What is happening is that they are dry and therefore this causes the itch.  Whenever you bathe then make sure you use a heavy moisturizer such as cetaphil that doesn't have any fragrance to it.  I used aquafore for years and also when you keep rubbing these scars day and night then they flatten!  I was lucky enough to see my doc and she told me this which has been tried and true!SB
Hey, you...

I agree with the Vaseline thing.  Super heavy moisturizers that you use for your feet can also help, but only if the scars are actually sealed over.  If the wound is still open, I would not put anything on it.  
I also used baby oil and that helps a little more than any lotion I have ever used.  

R
I tend to use vasaline with aloe and vit E and hydrocortizone at night.  Babyoil after I bathe and am constantly appling lotion...  I also drink 2 quarts of water a day to try to stay hydrated.  

I use neosporin or aloe that i keep chilled in the fridge (also for the sunburn lol) Not sure where you are, but it's winter here which tends be drier so I try to get back in the habit of putting on lotion after I shower to lock in moister- we also have hard water, so you may want to test your water too. And staying hydrated def helps too!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
mishymoshymarcy Its okay to ask for help...... Comment
Feb 10
mishymoshymarcy commented on need a title -
Feb 08
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Feb 08