Self Harm Community User Group
Itching scars
About This Group:

This is a group where those struggling with self harm issues can come to be supported in a safe, warm, and supportive environment. PLEASE NOTE: If there is a possibility that what you write may "trigger" someone, please leave a warning and space in the title of your post and inside the post itself so that we do not unintentionally trigger others who are vulnerable.

Founded by LovelyLemonTree on January 15, 2013
19 members

Itching scars

anyone have a good solution?
hi.  I've found that its very useful to use aquafore or even vaseline to stop the itching.  What is happening is that they are dry and therefore this causes the itch.  Whenever you bathe then make sure you use a heavy moisturizer such as cetaphil that doesn't have any fragrance to it.  I used aquafore for years and also when you keep rubbing these scars day and night then they flatten!  I was lucky enough to see my doc and she told me this which has been tried and true!SB
Hey, you...

I agree with the Vaseline thing.  Super heavy moisturizers that you use for your feet can also help, but only if the scars are actually sealed over.  If the wound is still open, I would not put anything on it.  
I also used baby oil and that helps a little more than any lotion I have ever used.  

R
I tend to use vasaline with aloe and vit E and hydrocortizone at night.  Babyoil after I bathe and am constantly appling lotion...  I also drink 2 quarts of water a day to try to stay hydrated.  

I use neosporin or aloe that i keep chilled in the fridge (also for the sunburn lol) Not sure where you are, but it's winter here which tends be drier so I try to get back in the habit of putting on lotion after I shower to lock in moister- we also have hard water, so you may want to test your water too. And staying hydrated def helps too!
mishymoshymarcy "Emotions are only a tempor... Comment
Aug 20
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Aug 16
Aug 14