Self Harm Community User Group
Possible Trigger...
About This Group:

This is a group where those struggling with self harm issues can come to be supported in a safe, warm, and supportive environment. PLEASE NOTE: If there is a possibility that what you write may "trigger" someone, please leave a warning and space in the title of your post and inside the post itself so that we do not unintentionally trigger others who are vulnerable.

Founded by LovelyLemonTree on January 15, 2013
19 members

Possible Trigger...

I have been having a rough couple of weeks, it's long and complicated so I wont get into it now but basically it has brought up the feeling of wanting to SH. I feel like everytime I have a moment to myself to think, thats where my mind wanders...and with finding my way back to the group after so long, and seeing what was going on, I just havent felt the right time to talk about it really...but I am so glad to see familiar friends here!...so, I've decided to get my nose pierced on saturday! I am excited since I have wanted it for a long time but I feel if I can channel that need, maybe it will settle after the piercing. I don;t think I can or would want to use this as a coping mechanism (plus I cant working in a corporate environment) but it is worth a shot. Thanks for tuning in ;) ~ with love
Hi Rugger,

How does it look?  I really admire the tiny little sparklers that people have on their noses.  I wouldn't do it myself because my mom would probably disown me (not entirely kidding).  If this is a  healthy outlet for you, by golly, go for it!  

I have an agreement with myself to donate blood if I have the need to SH.  I figure I may as well put the blood to good use.  Interestingly enough, it seems to fit the bill.  I also have an incredibly high platelet count and they want me to donate platelets now.  So I guess it's beneficial to someone.

Love ya, glad to see you're here.  :)
Hi Lovely,

It looks great! It's as if it was always there. My dad asked me if I had lost a bet? when he saw it. Oh well, it's my nose. My bf really likes it too, so that is an added bonus.

And donating blood is a great thing to do. I am a regular donator...except now I am not supposed to since I just got a piercing...but you should def feel good about donating, so many people need it.

Thanks for your encouragement- with love!
I agree with LLT, glad the piercing helped and that it looks so good.  LLT and I must have the same mother. lol

And I agree with the blood donation thing-  it has definitely helped me in the past too.
mishymoshymarcy Chillax girl, its going to ... Comment
Oct 23
I have so much potential? Really? W...
Oct 19 by mishymoshymarcy
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Oct 19