Self-Improvement Coaching Expert Forum
Severe Controlling and Trust issues
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding tips and techniques to help people begin to take accountability and responsibility for their general well-being and move towards improvement in all areas of their life: work, home, and relationships.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Severe Controlling and Trust issues

I have been dating a guy for about three months. What I am noticing with this relationship, although I believe it was apparent in previous relationships, is that I have severe trusting and control issues. I am with my boyfriend every night practically. When I am not I get very paranoid, anxious, worried, sad, mad, thinking he might not be at his apartment, wondering where he is, what he is doing, who he talks to when I am not around. I am worried for myself that I put forth so much effort on keeping tabs on my boyfriend when I am with him the majority of the time he is not at work. I don't have any reasons to believe he is cheating. I am starting to feel like a crazy person. My Grandfather passed away in December and I put forth less emotion at his funeral. My mom was a single mom until I was six, my dad said he wanted nothing to do with me. My step dad and mom divorced this last year. He raised me till I was 17 when I moved out. I want to know why I am acting with my boyfriend the way I am. Why am I so controling? Why do I not trust him? I am starting to think this is a bigger issue than my three month old relationship with my boyfriend. Do I date older men because of the lack of love I had from the father figures in my life?? Help!