Self-Improvement Coaching Expert Forum
afraid of needles

This forum is for questions and support regarding tips and techniques to help people begin to take accountability and responsibility for their general well-being and move towards improvement in all areas of their life: work, home, and relationships.

afraid of needles

I am not addicted to drugs at all and did not have any in my life time. I am afraid of needles in medical facilities because I do not know whether the needle and other kit is new or not ??
I did not get immunization because of this fear and at the same time I feel not getting immunization is a risk..esp Hepatitis.. Please help me in this issue. Please tell me how to explain to provider/nurse about my fear so that they will understand my feelings.
Many individuals are afraid of needles.  What I recommend is to contact the nurse practitioner, the physician's assistant , or the nurse at your doctor's office and schedule an appointment with her or him to discuss your fear of needles and what might be the best approach for you.  They are usually extremely busy during the day with seeing patients but will take the time to talk with you if you have an appointment.   You could try to do this over the phone but it might be more helpful for you to talk to them in person.  It is much better to inform them ahead of time and help you with a plan of action moving forward.

Your forum coach, Wanda