Self-Improvement Coaching Expert Forum
question
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding tips and techniques to help people begin to take accountability and responsibility for their general well-being and move towards improvement in all areas of their life: work, home, and relationships.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

question

I have been under stress/anxiety for some weeks now and i havnt exercised for a long time. I began exercising again but i feel kind weak and trying to catch by breath. Is this normal for someone who hasnt exercised for a long time?

Thanks
Related Discussions
272771_tn?1194985543
Before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, always consult your physician.  

Whenever you've been away from exercising, you can usually tell by the way you respond.  So, if you resume your regular physical activity, after a period of inactivity, begin slowly.  Think of the tortoise approach and take baby steps.  So, if you were exercising for 30-45 minutes before, start with 5-10 minutes.  Try this for one week.  Very slowly, add another 5 minutes for another week.  Incrementally, keep building each week.  Soon, you will be back to where you were originally.  

Again, if you experience any physical distress, even while pacing yourself, please consult your doctor.

Your Forum coach, Wanda
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank