Self-Improvement Coaching Expert Forum
question

This forum is for questions and support regarding tips and techniques to help people begin to take accountability and responsibility for their general well-being and move towards improvement in all areas of their life: work, home, and relationships.

question

I have been under stress/anxiety for some weeks now and i havnt exercised for a long time. I began exercising again but i feel kind weak and trying to catch by breath. Is this normal for someone who hasnt exercised for a long time?

Before engaging in any strenuous physical activity, always consult your physician.  

Whenever you've been away from exercising, you can usually tell by the way you respond.  So, if you resume your regular physical activity, after a period of inactivity, begin slowly.  Think of the tortoise approach and take baby steps.  So, if you were exercising for 30-45 minutes before, start with 5-10 minutes.  Try this for one week.  Very slowly, add another 5 minutes for another week.  Incrementally, keep building each week.  Soon, you will be back to where you were originally.  

Again, if you experience any physical distress, even while pacing yourself, please consult your doctor.

Your Forum coach, Wanda