Self-Improvement Coaching Expert Forum
reducing waist size
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding tips and techniques to help people begin to take accountability and responsibility for their general well-being and move towards improvement in all areas of their life: work, home, and relationships.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

reducing waist size

Hi:

I have cut back on carbs & sugar & have gained a healthy weight.  I'm 49 & want to tighten up my abs.  Does walking help to reduce waist size?  Also, I have a simple ab machine where I can do sit ups, leg lifts, etc.  I have degenerative disc disease & the Dr suggested not to do excersises involving twisting my body to the right & left while doing the set ups.

What can you suggest?

John
Related Discussions
272771_tn?1194985543
The best recommendation I can give you is to consult with your physician before starting any exercise regimen.  He/she can best advise you with your physical limitations.  He/she can recommend a nutritionist and working together they will be able to assist you with reaching your weight goals.  

Your forum coach, Wanda.
2 Comments
Blank
Just a comment on your situation. I too have degenerated disks. After an evaluation with a back surgeon I went for PT. One thing I need to stay away from is typical situps. I have to do hanging leg raises. Also I have to avoid any spinal compression excersise i.e.-military press, standing weight bearing, or running. Bottom line sockers, increase aerobic output-decrease caloric intake. At 41 these abs are taking a long time to tighten up
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979