Senior Health Community
74yro woman with dark, bloody discharge?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

74yro woman with dark, bloody discharge?

Hello. My grandmother has recently informed me that she has been experiencing irregular vaginal discharge and I would like to know the board's opinions as to what this could be. The discharge seems to vary between being very dark brown, thick, and emitting a strong odor; to being brownish-red and fluid-like. She usually starts bleeding after doing anything strenuous, like heavy lifting. Sometimes there are back and stomach cramps that accompany the discharge, but not always. Apparently this bleeding has been going on for over a year, but she never told any of her family members until now and hasn't seen a doctor. She can go weeks without noticing any discharge, but it comes back eventually.

I plan to make her a doctor's appointment tomorrow, but I would like to know what I should prepare ourselves for. My mother (and her daughter) just recently passed away from endometrial cancer and reproductive problems run in my family, so naturally I'm afraid her bleeding is the same sort of issue.

Anyway, please let me know what some of the possibilities are. I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks for reading,

Cal