Senior Health Community
Do testicles grow with age and hand down for old people?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

Few days ago, I have been to hospital. I saw a old man with big testicles. The testicles were hanging near the mid of thigh.
I am quite afraid.
Is it normal? Do every old man has same problem? Will i also have the same big testicles when i grow old?

Can any one please suggest me.
Hello Ericjone,

Please forgive my tardy response. Relax! Yes to some degree the testicle sack does "hang" a bit more with age. This is due in large part because the skin and the subcutaneous tissue loose much of the fat as we age. That's all tissue including the testicle sack.

For many years I worked in a large rehab and long term care facility. Therefore I have seen numerous men of different ages without clothing. I can assure you that only a very few had the testicles that you described.  

I'm inclined to believe that the testicles you saw was an extreme example. There may have been related medical issues contributing to the largeness. However remember all men are different. We can not assume that the aged man you saw looked a lot different in his youth.

Take good care of yourself, remain active and in shape for your age category and baring any unforeseen medical issue in the testicle area you'll be fine.

Take Care,
Tuck