Senior Health Community
HI NEW HERE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

HI NEW HERE

MY QUESTION IS HOW DOES THIS SITE WORK? SO CONFUSING TO ME.  HOW DO YOU MAKE FRIENDS. I,AM NOT INVITING MY FRIENDS ON THIS SITE. TO ME THIS IS PERSONAL MEDICAL ISSUES.  TAGS WHAT DOES THAT MEAN I TAG PICTURES???  I HAVE ANXIETY REAL BAD , JUST TURNED 69 BUT NOT OLD 69.  I HAVE ALWAYS HAD SO MUCH ENERGY I HAVE 2 ROTTWEILERS  AND A SMALL CHAWAWA .  I HAVE EXERCIZED FOR YEARS. THEN AS SOON AS I TURNED 69 AND WINTER CAME A MONTH LATER REAL COLD 32* I WAS WALKING FOR HOUR AND A 1/2 4-5 DAYS AWEEK .  NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN THE COLD KILLS ME. I FINISH MY WALK 40 MIN. THEN I GET HOME DO A FEW THINGS  SHOWER AND WANT TO TAKE A NAP AND BE COZY. I CANNOT ACCEPT THIS. WHERE DID ALL MY ENERGY GO? WHY DO I HATE WINTER . WORRY IF I WALK TO LONG I WILL DROP DEAD. HAVE HAD ALL KINDS HEART TEST. MY BP IS NORMAL HIGH SAME WITH CHOLESTROL I DO NOT TAKE MEDS FOR THESE 2 THING .  MAKE ME DEPRESSED AND TIRED. I WANT TO BE OUT WALKING . I FEEL OLD. I,AM GOING TO GET BLOOD WORK DONE . PRAY I DON,T HAVE A BAD DISEASE. HAVE GOOD APPITITE. NOT UNDERWEIGHT, I DO HAVE ARTHRISTIS IN KNEES AND MY ROTARY CUFF WAS TORN BUT HEALED. NEVER BEEN SICK . SMOKE ABOUT 6 CIGARETTS A DAY.  DOES ANY ONE OUT THERE ON MED HELP HAVE ANY OF THESE SYMTOMS (symptoms) COLD WEATHER 32* EFFECTS YOU AFTER 40 MINUTE WALK. TAKE NAP IN AFTERNOON. IS THIS NORMAL  AT 69???????
Tags: ZZZTOP
To add a friend point your cursor at the person's name you want to add and a rectangular box should show up.  On the right hand side of that box is a choice of 'Add as Friend'.  You can see journal posts limited to friends this way as well as see some of your friends' activities this way.

I don't add tags myself and am not sure how to do this, but have seen posts where tags seem to be added, which I think might help bring your post up when someone is searching certain words in Medhelp.

You might want to research Seasonal Affective Disorder, because there is a strong possibilty you are suffering from this.  

Stress and depression can both make you feel sapped of energy.  But you might want to make sure by asking for blood tests that your thyroid is not sluggish and you are not iron deficient or otherwise anemic.  You may want to get your B 12 checked, which if low, can cause fatigue also.

Taking a nap in the afternoon is quite normal at age 69.  As you get older, needing to sleep more during the day is very common.

It would help with your lungs and your blood pressure if you could quit smoking- doctors are typically very willing to assist patients with this.  

Eating foods rich in mood boosting omega fatty acids, such as freshwater fish, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, macadamia nuts, etc. can help also with your cholesterol concern.  A diet low in sugar can help with high tryglicerides.  Eating pistachios as well as exercising can raise your HDL (the good cholesterol).  I believe plant sterols found in certain buttery spreads is also supposed to help with that.  Eliminating trans fats and not overdoing on saturated fats are steps to take when it comes to cholesterol also.

You have been blessed to have never been sick.  If you are a Christian, cast your cares upon the Lord, for He cares for you. He will help you deal with the affects of the cold and growing older.

A gentle suggestion meant kindly...while all caps can be something of an attention getter, it can make it somewhat difficult to read and some interpret it as shouting, so you might want to avoid capitalizing all letters in your posts.
You have very wisely put in the suggestion of not capitalizing all letters in a posting. Yes it is against internet etiquette.It feels like blowing a horn continuously in a quiet traffic.
Frankly speaking, I could not read your posting. Of course it is mainly due to an eye problem. It is also true that reading a message in a capitalized letters is inconvenient.
I may suggest a a yoga technique to boost up your health through strengthening your mind. Google the super mind yoga. It is a standalone technique, not requiring any knowledge of yoga.It is good for all age groups. I am 82. I am doing this exercise. It is a squatting exercise,with addition of acupressure and yoga.