How to Find Drug Information
The follwing will tell you how to find out about your drugs.
All prescription drugs have a risk and provide a benefit. It behooves everyone to know this information and enable you to provide informed input to your physician. The definitive guide to drugs in the United States is the "Physician's Desk Reference", otherwise known as the "PDR". It is published once a year, available in major bookstores such as Barnes and Noble, and on the Internet. A new edition is about eighty five bucks, more or less. Most public libraries have a copy. Last years edition marks down to half price, and an edition two years old half of that. But you need the latest copy. Every drug approved by the FDA is listed, along with doseages, side efects and interactions. When the pharmacy recieves a drug they also get a "package insert" with information identical to that in the PDR. Unfortunately, many drug stores provide an "abbreviated" package insert, re-written with lots of good information revealed. When you have a prescription filled for the first time INSIST on obtaining the package insert. Then, because the print is so tiny it can only be read by a microscope, I like to go to a copy store and have the material enlarged 200%. It is pointless to waste your physician's time to ask him about a drug. Look it up yourself. You will obtain a definitive description of the drug, the way it affects the mody, the mechanism of action (if known), and the side effects and the probability of experiencing a side effect. Every family should purchase a PDR every year. The Internet is a good source of information on drugs, but the PDR is the definitive guide, and every word about a drug has to be reviewed by the FDA and approved. That is not so with Internet information sites. New drugs come along every year, and by getting the latest PDR you will be able to keep on top of your medications. It is a worthwhile investment.
Thanks teko. You made my day. :)  An additional benefit of consulting the PDR is that the PDR identifies what are called "generic equivelants". That is to say, the exact same product your physician is prescribing under a "brand name" has an equivelant "generic" form, that always costs considerably less. The medical marketing crowd (ethical medical advertising is an oxymoron) constantly stress the false fact that a brand name is somehow superior to a generic form of a drug. This nis absolute positive nonsense. So the PDR enables you to find out the generic equivelant and the names and sources of the generic equivelant.
  Thank you for the great information regarding the PDR. However, for those of us that can in no way afford to buy one being on a low fixed income, do you have any other suggestions? (The PDR(s) are always checked out at the library(s) here in my city also. I called.)  
  With that said, do you know of a website where I can get information on
menopause, Hepatitis C, hepatic encephalopathy and other types of meds that I am currently on? I'd like to look up side effects including numbness and very bad headaches. (This one has lasted over 2 weeks.) OH, and I read from a post on this community, about a birth control drug, named Micreet, (spelling??), that can help with menopause.
  By the way, my name is Dee, (53 yrs. old), and I am going thru menopause. Wow, I made it sound like a 12 step program. LMAO  Plus, I checked the box to become a member of this community! It will be great since I have no other females to discuss this situation with!!! I am also a member of the Hep C community but haven't been on there for quite awhile since everything is at a stand still medically.
  I haven't gotten medical help yet but do have an appointment  w/my PCP to get a referral to a gynecologist.
  I have rambled on enough for now.   :)    I DO pray to hear from you, and/or other members that can give any helpful advice. Be it from experience, reading literature, or anything else that pertains to this issue.
  Thank you, and anyone else, for being willing to help and/or helping! I sure need it!!  
Dee
(I wish I could change my "nickname" to "Hot Flashes Suck", since they do.  LOL  :)

The website to obtain information on current studies involving disease or drugs is "Pubmed", which is  maintained by the United States Government, and includes most of the latest studies regarding treatment protocols and drug side effects.
Again, thank you for the info. on "PubMed". I will be checking it out!
God Bless you...
Dee
I always read the posts of caregaiver222 even though I may be disinterested in the subject. I read your post as well. Your remark on changing of nick name, triggered an idea about the one exercise suggested by Taoist yoga, for menopausal syndrome.Pleas note that it appears inelegant. However if it works, it will be a boon to you. So I dared to suggest you the technique.Google female deer exercise. No offence intended..
Hi Dee, there is a site on line, I think it is called drugs ******* and you can enter all of your medications and check to see if there are any interactions.
I will try to find the link.  It has helped me. Take Care, Dee
Here is the link to check for interactions

https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html