Leg swelling
Does taking Plavix cause considerable swelling of legs, ankles, feet?
I am 64 just had an angiogram stents put in my abdomen as far as I know and I am now worse than ever with walking due to the toe on my right foot swollen, red blotches on bottom of my feet.
I am on the generic brand of Plavix and noticed the calf muscles in my leg are not flexing very good and painful to the touch and not sure if due to medication or not.
I think I may go to the emergency room tomorrow to be on the safe side.
Problem is when in Radiology the when the nurses told me to get on the table there was a big machine in front of my face when doing so I hit my right foot very hard , its been 10 days since the angiogram putting ice on it every day and its still so painful I have trouble walking even at home .
Thing is I don't know if its the Plavix or I have a blockage or I maybe fractured my toe.
The answer to your question is yes. Reference Canadian Journal of Cardiology, 2007, May 1 23(6) 478089. Plavix (Clopidegrel) can cause pulmonary edema, which would result in swelling of ankles and feet.
That is pages 478-480.