Lost Cell Phones of Seniors
In the senior center there seem to have been an awful number of lost inexpensive cell phones, which are often the only telephone the person owns nowadays. It seems to be a special problem for older people with not-so-good memories. Plus they often have impossible-to-replace family photos and phone numbers on them.  Furthermore they never seem to be returned. You can't just call the person who may have found the phone  because the batteries run out and the finder probably doesn't have the right charger. One solution is to get the cell number of a friend and tape it on the back of your cell with the notation: "If found please call this number". A note offering a small reward would also probably be helpful.
Adding other contact info to the cell phone is a great idea.  When I misplace mine, I borrow someone else's phone and call my phone.  If that fails, I notify my cell phone service, and check my bill for phone numbers called after I lost the phone.  I phone those numbers and ask the recipients to let the new user of my phone to leave it at a lost and found near by or arrange for a drop-off at a nearby business (with the permission of the owner).  I also let them know that phone numbers called after I lost my phone will be part of a report to the local sheriff department.  The recipients are more cooperative.  This works sometimes.