Need instructions
My doctor wants me to submit a stool sample because I have been suffering diarrhea on and off for about two weeks.  How do I collect the sample to bring to the lab.  I am a little repulsed by this.
You don't. There is a missing piece to this story. This is not the way the rest of the world submits a stool sample. I believe there is a little village on the Amazon River served by a wizened witch-doctor that does it that way.  Your doctor is supposed to provide you with several-stamped envelopes with a special card for each envelope with a little pocket. You take a smear with a Q-tip (included with the kit) and put in the special indentation on the card. Then there is a special plastic seal and the entire unit gets mailed back. They often ask for several such samples.
When you go for this process then lab assistance will tell you detail process of it.Don't worry it is a easy process.