Senior Health Community
Reasons for falling to right.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

Reasons for falling to right.

why do I keep falling to the right, though not fallen down yet as I hang onto furniture etc. I am 72 and had a total knee replacement 3 months ago. I did have this symptom long before the op.Have a history of sudden onset AF 3 years ago. was hospitalised with heart rate of 137. eventually returned to sinus rhythm after 7 weks and now take amiodarone daily. my monentary loss of balance is concerning me now.
Thanks corinnekay@ tiscali
.co.uk
Retired SRN
Hi there, please see your doctor. This symptom can be a sign of a TIA or stroke affecting left side of your brain causing symptoms on your right side.
Look up and discuss with your doctor if you heart medication amiodarone could be causing the balance problem. That is a very potent drug which causes serious sided effects in some people,

I hope too you are taking some form of an anticoagulant, if only a aspirin. Clotting of the blood  is a major concern for atrial fibrillation.