Senior Health Community
Senior Alarm System
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Senior Alarm System

My grandma had mild strokes which have not affected her physically, but she struggles to remember things after the stroke. My grandpa and grandma lives together in another house located near our apartment and they refuse to live with us. Grandpa worries that if he fell ill, then she would not know what to do. So I have been thinking of a senior alarm system that would address this need. But I have no idea about what types of alarm would be suitable and what should be considered while purchasing it. Pls help
875426_tn?1325532016
Does your grandpa have a cell phone they carry at all times that they could have 9-1-1 or your number on speed dial?  Could you call at least a couple times a day and if you get no answer, have one of their neighbors go check on them if you're not home?

I know I've seen something advertised on tv, but have not experience with it to tell you if the monitoring system I saw advertised is any good or not.   If you are worried about your grandma wandering off, what about a GPS tracking bracelet?  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Senior Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank