Senior Health Community
Shingles
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Shingles

My dad is 64 and just got a case of the shingles. He is experiencing severe pain which keeps him up at night.I read online and that seems to be common with this disease or whatever it is. He's only been trating them for a week now and I udnerstand this will probably linger for about a month and the pain may be longer. My concern is that now he is having problems urinating and having bowel movements. He gets the "urge" to go but then he urinates very little or nothing at all and the same with his bowel movements. Is this a more serious complication? He just lost his insurance from work and ended up going to a County Hospital to get treated but I really dont want him going back there so Im looking into better healthcare treatment in the meantime. Should I be rushing him to the ER for something that could potentially be Sepsis or could this be an unrelated medical issue? Any feedback is greatly appreciated as I am having a panic attack right now from the worry of it all.