Senior Health Community
basal ganglia stroke

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

basal ganglia stroke

A family Member had this stroke 5 years ago will be six this may in 2013.  The Doctors did say Six Months. well She is fiesty Woman so is still with Us. She is paralized on one side. Never was sick till the stroke.  She will be 85 in May. She lives with Us, I have been taking care of her, for the past 3 1/2 years we had someone but its to dang expensive. Yes Memory is fading faster, She remembers from the past but not what happened were we live now, or from 5 minutes ago.  With the type a stroke this is, and her age frame and the mind frame she is having now, They also did xrays on her lungs, stated they have colapased and gave her a thing to breathe in to help expanded her lungs. One lung was trying to close the right bottom part. She has a nurse weekly.  Someone be honest with Me. She is My grandmother. its not good. Do I need to prepare Myself. Im very close to her.  Just want someone to be honest.
Lungs collapsed does not sound good.  Does your grandmother know the Lord as her Saviour?  Is she ready to meet her Creator?  I think you do need to prepare yourself for her passing, because given her age and physical condition, it seems like it will be soon.  

My grandma passed away over 11 years ago now, but I know she was a Christian and belonging to the Lord myself, I will see her again, which has been a great comfort to me.  I was quite close to her and lived with her for awhile.  I never knew my other grandma, because she died a few days before I was born, but I look forward to seeing her in heaven too!