Senior Health Community
crestor and kidney damage/ creatine level

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

My mother has only one kidney, and her heart doctor increased her crestor to 40mg from 5!! She had open heart surgery in 08, which included triple bypass and one repaired and one replaced valve. I am concerned about the amount of crestor, and her only one kidney. Her kidney doctor told her 6 months ago,(before her heart doctor raised her crestor that her creatine level was border line, and may have to go on dialyis. Please let me know )what you think. Thankyou. She is 77.
Talk to the doctor who increased the dose, making them aware of the kidney situation.  Recently, a mediterranean diet was shown to be of more benefit than statin drugs in a study (see private message), so you might see if your mom will go on that instead of the Crestor increase.